Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Week 4

Wow, what a week! Last Sunday, I got back from Puerto Escondido with an injured toe. I went to the doctor twice this week, got my foot wrapped and later got a cast and then got an xray, which showed that my bone is not broken! Now, I am finally starting to walk a little with a special shoe. It's probably a sprain. This week has been really tough, especially since I have so many stairs outside of my apartment, but so many people have come around me to help!
A family from the community visited me and brought food and also drove me to the doctor and to a café with a beautiful view where I got to drink Oaxacan chocolate and eat a Tlayuda. Kids came to visit me, and Bety and Tito's family stayed in my apartment this weekend as well! In classes, my students took their first quiz, and I plan to start pen pals with my younger students this week!!!
Though I have been dealing with the toe situation and fatigue and stomach issues this week, God has provided the opportunity to rest. I've also had time to read the Bible, write, and listen to some books - "The Hiding Place" and "Why I am Still Surprised by the Power of the Spirit." I've also gotten to play the piano, sing, and learn some guitar chords!! This upcoming week, I will start teaching my adult English class!!
Praises:
-kindness and generosity of people here
-school is growing- we now have over 60 students!!!
-toe is healing and is not broken
-opportunity to rest
-time to read, write, and play music!!
Prayer Requests:
-healing, comfort, and peace for sick here and back home
-Holy Spirit to lead us in how to share Gospel effectively while in classroom and with families
-for adult English class outreach- that God would lead me and draw students to Himself
-for God to provide a space for our primary school (we are growing) and for students who board during the week


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 4

Wow, what a week! Last Sunday, I got back from Puerto Escondido with an injured toe. I went to the doctor twice this week, got my foot wrapp...