Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Week 3

Week 3

This week I got to teach classes, celebrate birthdays, try lots of foods, play sports with kids after school, have my final visa appointment, and visit the missionaries and the beach in Puerto!! Thank you everyone for your prayers and support!
By God's grace, I made it safely to Puerto and back to Juquila on the urban with almost no rain!! And, on the way back to Juquila, it was just me for most of the way! In Puerto, I got to speak English and connect with other American missionaries which was such a blessing 🙂 and I got to go to the beach! I also completed the visa process. Now, I just need to wait for my card to arrive.
Over this past week, students have been completing an assigment where they do something kind and reflect on how they and the other person felt. Next week is their first quiz! And...I'm starting a class for adults on Tuesday! We will be using an ESL curriculum that is based on the book of Mark! These classes are open to the community with the goal of sharing the Gospel while helping students learn English. Also, a girl who is interested in studying to become a language teacher has volunteered to assist me with my classes so that she can get experience and learn English and how to teach language!
Praises:
-safe travels- God held off the rain!!!
-visa process complete!
-community around me here and in Puerto
-opportunity to have in-person classes
-opportunity to start adult class
Prayer requests:
-Holy Spirit's inspiration and guidance as we prepare and teach classes and talk with students, families, and others in the community
-God would bring the right people into adult class and speak to their hearts (Tu 5pm Cent.)
-Those struggling finacially and with physical and mental health
-God would provide location for school to expand
-My physical, mental, and spiritual health and specifically for my toe to heal up!!
Thanks everyone!!!
Your sister in Christ,
Heather










No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 4

Wow, what a week! Last Sunday, I got back from Puerto Escondido with an injured toe. I went to the doctor twice this week, got my foot wrapp...