Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Week 2


Wednesday was our first day of classes!! It's been a blessing to get to meet my 1st-8th grade students and work on introductions while learning Luke 10:27 and how we can love God and love our neighbor by being kind. On Monday, I will introduce an assignment where students need to do something kind and write a short reflection about what they did and how they and the other person felt! I am also working with Jenny Holmes Shockey about the students having pen pals from All Nations UMC! The kids at All Nations are already praying and supporting this ministry financiall,y and it would be amazing for my students to connect with them and use their English for real communication ❤ On Friday, I got to work with my 1st-4th graders on classroom objects and the alphabet. It's been fun using songs and games with the younger ones as it helps them to stay engaged and have fun in class 😊 I've also gotten to play games and sports, go walking and hiking, meet a new family watch silly videos in Spanish, and eat a tlayuda with another teacher!!
Praises:
-able to have some classes in person!!
-God's provision of school supplies and some arriving much earlier than anticipated!
-kindness and hospitality of people I've met!
-oppprtunities to spend time with local families
Prayer Requests:
-for the Holy Spirit to lead us and speak through us in the classroom and outside of it
-for God to open the eyes of those who are looking to things of this world rather than Jesus
-for wisdom as to what to share and when with non-believers
-for God to continue to provide for the physical needs in this community
-for God to provide a new space for a school building as we are growing!
-for a those who need God to bring light and hope into their lives
-for God's continual provision for my physical and mental health












No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 4

Wow, what a week! Last Sunday, I got back from Puerto Escondido with an injured toe. I went to the doctor twice this week, got my foot wrapp...